The preliminary program of the 11th annual NECS Conference, which will take place from June 29th to July 1st 2017 in Paris, is now available online. Keynote speakers for the conference include Mark Hansen (Duke University, USA), Deborah Chambers (Newcastle University, UK), and Elizabeth Price (artist). NECS Conference activities will take place this year in three different locations throughout the city of Paris:
- the Université Sorbonne Nouvelle – Paris 3 (which will be the main conference site, where all the parallel sessions with the different panels will take place)
- the Centre Pompidou (for the Keynote presentations #1 and #3 on June 29th and July 1st, which will be followed by screenings)
- the Sorbonne (for the Opening Remarks, the Keynote presentation #2 on June 30th, a round table organized by the CNC – Centre National du Cinéma et de l’Image Animée, the NECS General Meeting, and a Cocktail open to all conference participants).
- the Université Paris Diderot – Paris 7 (for the NECS Graduate Workshop and several other thematic workshops)
- the Centre Pompidou (for the Pre-Conference Keynote on June 28th)
The NECS Conference website (http://necs.org/conference/) will offer updated information, such as further details (titles, abstracts) about the keynote presentations and screenings and the CNC round table. You can also join the online conference community on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/NECSConference/). For further information the contact email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.